When green markets are brimming with root vegetables this time of year, it’s easy to revert to old favorites (hello, pumpkin!). However, if you overlook beets, you are doing yourself a harm. You may already know that they’re delicious in spiralized salads and so filling in savory recipes, but it’s their natural sweetness that makes them a formidable competitor for the dessert table. Yes, you read that right! Desserts with beets Are you still not convinced? These 12 sweet beet dishes will change your thinking about the crimson roots, and you’ll look at them with new eyes.
- Chocolate Chunk Beet Ice Cream: If you’ve been craving red velvet chocolate ice cream, this is the recipe for you. It offers all of your favorite flavors without the artificial dyes.
2. Cinnamon Beet Rolls: The beets are mild in these cinnamon rolls, requiring only a hint of orange and ginger to bring out the sweetness. Make a batch on your next leisurely Sunday morning and fill the house with their heavenly cinnamon fragrance.
3. Healthy Red Velvet Milkshake: This shake is like a glass of red velvet cake. But it’s all-natural, refined sugar-free, low in fat, rich in protein, high in fiber, and gluten-free, so it’s guilt-free. You urgently require this in your life!
4. Vegan Chocolate Lava Cakes: These decadent lava cakes are dripping with handmade coconut cream. Call your partner, bestie, secret crush, gorgeous dog-walker, new therapist, or anybody else you want to invite over because goodies this amazing must be shared.
5. Dark Chocolate Beet Cake With All-Natural Pink Buttercream Frosting: Roasted beets are hidden within this rich, delicious, and incredibly indulgent chocolate cake, and the fluffy pink icing is also dyed with beet juice.
6. Chocolate Beet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing: These chocolate cupcakes are moist and fluffy. They’re sheer decadence thanks to the luscious beets and cream cheese frosting. This is one to save for Valentine’s Day because it’s simply that fantastic.
7. Beet Blueberry Muffins: Nothing beats blueberry muffins in the morning to get everyone gathered around the kitchen table. Because of the beets in the batter, these muffins are exceptionally moist and sweet. Make a double batch since everyone is going to want one.
8. Chocolate Beet Bread: Have a surplus of beets from your CSA share? Make a beet cake, get some whipping cream, and invite some friends over for a quick afternoon tea.
9. Vegan Donuts With Bright Beet Frosting: These donuts are topped with the most delectable beet-pink frosting. Make a double batch since, obviously, donuts are your happy place.
10. Beet Nut Butter Cups: The beet nut butter in these chocolate candy cups is made with cashews, but you may use whichever nuts you like. They taste just as good as they look, but are far healthier than store-bought alternatives. Go ahead and have another!
11. Beet Black Bea Gluten-Free Beetroot Cake With Date Sugar: The pink frosting on this cake gets its vibrant color from grated beets, which are also included in the cake. For a stunning fall display, sprinkle with chopped almonds and pomegranate seeds.
12. Beet Tahini Snack Bars: These organic bars are chewy, with pockets of juicy sweet raisins and the crunch of cacao nibs. They’re a very substantial and healthful snack for that 4:00 energy crash, thanks to the smooth tahini and almond butter.Don’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive