A slight twist on a true classic blueberry and lemon curd victoria sponge cake.
- 4 Eggs
- 225 g Caster sugar
- 225 g Self raising flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 225 g Soft unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla esscence
- 3 tbsp. Lemon curd
- 4 tbsp. Blueberry jam
- 300 ml Whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. Icing sugar to dust
- Blueberries to decorate
- 350 g Blueberries
- 175 g Jam sugar (sugar with added pectin)
- 45 ml Water
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f/160fan gas 4. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins.
- In a bowl add all the cake ingredients the eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, butter and vanilla and using a hand mixer, stand mixer or by hand mix together until completely combined. Pour evenly between the two cake tins and bake for about 25 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool a little before transferring to a cooling rack. Whip the cream. When completely cool turn one cake upside down and spread with the lemon curd, then the blueberry jam and cream. Place the other cake on top and dust with icing sugar.
- In a pan add the blueberries and water bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until berries start to burst. Add the sugar and cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved or reaches 105 degrees c on a sugar thermometer.
- Pour into a clean sterilised jar. Leave to cool then seal and chill.
Source: Figs & Pigs
Don’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive