No bake chocolate cake is a biscuit cake recipe that is wonderfully tasty and simple to create. This is how to create a simple cake without using an oven in less than 20 minutes.
- ▢28 oz 800g digestive biscuits, or any tea biscuits.*
- ▢1 cup hazelnuts toasted slightly chopped.
To make the chocolate syrup:
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder.**
- 1 cup water.
- 2/3 cup butter.
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate bar chopped.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
Break the biscuits into tiny pieces in a large basin and put aside.
Make the syrup:
- Whisk together the cocoa powder and sugar in a saucepan, then add the water and continue to stir over medium heat until it boils.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the biscuit pieces and stir to combine, then fold in the chopped hazelnuts.
- In a 9-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper, press the biscuit mixture. 1 hour of refrigerating
Make the glaze:
- Set aside the chopped chocolate and corn syrup in a bowl.
- Combine heavy cream and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until all of the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is hot.
- Mix in the chocolate until it is completely smooth.
- Refrigerate for another 4 hours, ideally overnight, after pouring the glaze over the chocolate cake.
- Remove it from the pan. If desired, add some chocolate balls on the top.
Source: Amira’s PantryDon’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive