This chocolate lava cake is very rich, fudgy, and decadent. You won’t believe how simple it is to prepare this decadent chocolate treat!
The nicest thing about this chocolate lava cake is that it can be prepared ahead of time and kept refrigerated until ready to serve. This chocolate lava cake recipe is quick and easy to make if you want to amaze your visitors with a warm dessert.
- 7 4 oz ramekins
- ▢12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- ▢1 1/2 stick of butter
- ▢3 eggs
- ▢1 egg yolk
- ▢2 tsp vanilla
- ▢3/4 cup powdered sugar
- ▢3/4 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler. Continue to whisk until it achieves a silky smooth consistency.
- Lightly beat the eggs and egg yolk in a mixing basin. The powdered sugar, vanilla, and melted chocolate are then added. Using a mesh strainer, sift the flour into the chocolate mixture.
- Fill each ramekin halfway with batter and coat with nonstick spray. Make sure you don’t fill each one to the brim. 4 oz ramekins were used.
- Bake for 8 minutes after placing each filled ramekin on a baking sheet. Bake your lava cakes for 10-12 minutes if you chill them.
- Flip them over onto a platter once they’re done. If you don’t want to flip them, you can always eat them directly from the ramekin. Serve with fruit or ice cream while still warm.
Source: Simply HomecookedDon’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive