The cold brew is an ideal way to drink your coffee when you do not crave a hot drink, thanks to it is a very refreshing drink, which highlights the natural flavor and sharpens the sweet tones of coffee beans; Also this is very easy to do at home.
This drink has acquired many consumers in recent years, this can be due to many things such as its much sweeter and less acidic taste than a traditional coffee or the feeling of energy that this causes when consumed by the caffeine contained in it also has numerous advantages over a cup extracted hot.
Advantages of Cold Brew:
Acidity levels are decreased by up to 70%. Increased caffeine
The longer in contact with water, the more caffeine is released. Nutrients
Cold extraction allows coffee to retain all its nutrients. Less bitterness
Coldwater extracts compounds from the flavors of beans and caffeine, but without the bitterness of coffee oil and the spiciness of fatty acids.
If you want to prepare this delicious cold brew at home here we will show you how to do it with a simple recipe without the need for a professional coffee maker, you will only need a French press of 3 cups.
Remember so that your coffee always retains the aroma, we recommend you buy it in whole grain and grind it at home with an electric coffee grinder, according to your preference.
- French press Bazzeff 269 pesos
- Krups coffee mill 614 pesos
For 3 people
- Coarse ground coffee 90 g
- Water 720 ml
How to make Cold Brew
- Total time 5 m
- Elaboration 5 m
- Rest 12 h
- Add the 90 grams of coarse ground coffee to your French press
- Pour 720 ml of water slowly, trying to moisten all the coffee that is at the base of the coffee maker
© Provided by Directo al paladar Cold brew: a refreshing way to drink your coffee at any time of the day. Easy recipe in a French press
- Cover without lowering the plunger and let it sit overnight at room temperature
- Lower the plunger to prevent the coffee beans from mixing with the liquid when serving
- Note: For a cold extraction it is advisable to use twice as much coffee as suggested in the proportion of an ideal cup.
Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive