- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 400g tin condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 60g butter, extra
- Walnuts, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 14cm x 24cm loaf pan with baking paper and grease it.
- 1/4 cup boiling water to dissolve coffee In a stand mixer or with hand-held beaters, whip butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup condensed milk until smooth. One at a time, add the eggs, beating thoroughly after each addition. Mix in the coffee mixture, then add the flour and milk and stir thoroughly. Fill a cake tray halfway with batter and bake for 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining condensed milk, golden syrup, and additional butter to make caramel icing. Stir for 2-3 minutes over low heat, until thick and delicious. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Apply frosting to the cooled cake. Add walnuts as a finishing touch. To serve, cut into slices.
Source: Greer Worsley
Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive