You’ll be hankering for more Dark Chocolate Cheesecake. Ruchira @ thegreatcookkaroo.com provided the inspiration for this recipe. You’ll never need another recipe again! It’s possible to prepare this dish up to two days ahead of time.
- 150 g Hobnobs or digestive biscuits
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 20 g organic jaggery granules
- 50 g butter
Dark Chocolate Filling
- 200 g dark couverture chocolate melted
- 300 g cream cheese
- 200 ml single cream
- 30 g cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 90 g organic jaggery granules
- 100 g 52% couverture
- 100 ml single cream
Red wine macerated strawberries
- 250 g strawberries chopped
- 50-75 g brown sugar
- 2-3 star anise
- zest of one orange
- 100 ml red wine
- 40 ml orange juice
- In a food processor, combine the biscuits, brown sugar, and cocoa until you have a fine meal. Add the butter and whiz once more to combine. Fill an 8-inch loose-bottom pan halfway with batter. Chill in the freezer while you prepare the filling and preheat the oven.
Dark Chocolate Filling
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor bowl, combine all filling ingredients and process until smooth, about 1-2 minutes on medium speed.
- Bake for an hour after pouring into the crust. Allow to cool in the oven before covering and chilling for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
Red Wine Macerated Strawberries
- Put the strawberries, star anise, orange zest, and brown sugar in a non-reactive bowl. Pour in the wine after stirring to combine everything. Refrigerate for at least one night, covered.
- Strain the strawberries and discard the star anise. Set aside in a basin. In a small saucepan, combine the wine and a quarter cup orange juice, and cook until thick and syrupy. Taste and, if necessary, adjust the sweetness. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the strawberries.
- Strawberries should be poured over the ganache. Reduce the syrup till it’s lovely and thick if it’s too thin. Allow to cool before pouring over the strawberries.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Using a balloon whisk, whisk until smooth. Allow it cool for 30 minutes before whisking again. Chill till a little firm. Rewhisk until the mixture is glossy and silky and retains peaks. Spread the mixture on top of the chilled cheesecake.
Source: Passionate About BakingDon’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive