Because there are so many peach pie and peach cobbler recipes on the internet, I decided to take a different approach and provide you with another way to use the fresh seasonal peaches. Recipe for peach cake – a delicious, flavorful, and delicate peach treat! It’s a one-bowl meal that takes around an hour to prepare.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (110 gr) granulated sugar + 1 tbsp. for topping
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (210 gr.) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium peaches, cut in half and sliced
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- A 9-inch baking pan should be greased and floured.
- In a large mixing basin, whisk together eggs and sugar with a handheld mixer until pale in color, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the olive oil, yogurt, and vanilla essence until everything is combined, about 1 minute.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt over the batter and stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan that has been prepared. Peach slices should be arranged on top. Pistachios and the remaining tablespoon of sugar should be sprinkled on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow it cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. Transfer the cake to a serving platter with care.
- Serve with ice cream or plain.
Source: The Pure TasteDon’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive