Baking a cake, mashing it up, adding in icing, making it into balls, placing it on a stick, then dipping it in chocolate is how cake pops are made. You may garnish them with colored sprinkles or drown them in colored white chocolate to complement any party theme or color scheme.
This recipe shows the easiest way to make cake pops using a cake mix and store-bought frosting.
- 1 box of Cake Mix
- All the ingredients called for on the box of cake mix
- 1 carton of Frosting
- Sticks for the Cake Pops Target and Michaels both sell them
- about 2 1/4 cups Melting Chocolate or Almond Bark
- Nonpareils or Sprinkles
- Begin by making a cake from scratch, following the instructions on the package. Allow the cake to cool after baking. Keep the cake mix box since you’ll need it later.
- Combine the cake and frosting in a large mixing dish. I recommend adding the icing in small increments until the cake pops are wet and easy to shape into balls.
- Using your hands, knead the mixture until little crumbs appear. Then, using your hands, roll the crumbs into little balls.
- Melt approximately 1/4 cup of almond bark next. Stick the sticks in the cake balls after dipping them in molten chocolate, being careful not to go through them.
- The most crucial step is to freeze the cake balls. The cake balls must be frozen before being dipped in molten chocolate; otherwise, they would break apart. Allow at least 2 hours for the cake balls to be frozen. Because I was preoccupied with other matters, I put them in the freezer for two days.
- Remove the box from the cake mix and delicately poke small holes in it with a knife before melting the chocolate. While the chocolate cures, you’ll be inserting the cake pops into the holes.
- Melt about 2 cups of melting chocolate or almond bark. It works well to melt it in a mug placed in the microwave.
- Dip the cake pops in the melted chocolate one at a time, shaking off the excess and sprinkling with nonpareils.
- Place the cake pops in the box to dry carefully. It’s time to consume after the chocolate has hardened.
Source: The KittchenDon’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive