This lamington crepe cake is the second dish I’m sharing in honor of Australia Day this year. A fun dessert to make that will undoubtedly spark conversation at the dinner table.
- 3 cups plain flour 500g
- 4 ½ cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 80 g unsalted butter, melted, extra for frying
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 400 g strawberries, washed, leaves removed and quartered
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 4 tbs chai seeds
- 125 g desiccated coconut
- 300 g Nutella
- 2-3 lamingtons (optional)
- 1 punnet of strawberries, halved (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender. Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes at room temperature, covered. Make the strawberry chia sauce at this time.
- Preheat a 24-inch frying pan on high. Once it’s heated, turn it down to medium and smear it with melted butter all over.
- Pour 14 cup of the batter into the pan and swirl it around to form a spherical shape with equally spread batter. The edges will begin to dry and the bottom will brown after a few minutes. It’s now time to flip the crepe and cook the second side. Remove the crepe to a plate after it has developed some color and continue the process until all of the batter has been utilized.
Strawberry chia sauce
- Except for the chia seeds, combine all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Allow 5 minutes for the strawberries to simmer and soften. To make the strawberries smoother, mix them with a hand blender. Add the chia seeds and stir for 3 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it aside to thicken entirely.
- On a crepe, spread a thin layer of Nutella and top with desiccated coconut. On a second crepe, spread some strawberry sauce and desiccated coconut and arrange it on top of the first. Repeat the process, alternating between the two spreads, until all of the ingredients are used up. Top with strawberry slices and lamington bits. After that, serve the crepe cake. I prefer to eat it right away rather than waiting for it to cool in the refrigerator.
Source: My Family’s Food DiaryDon’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive