FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup oats
- 1/ 2 cup almonds
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
FOR THE FILLING
- 2/ 3 cup heavy cream
- 1/ 3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/ 4 cup rice syrup
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons agar agar
- 1 2/ 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 lime, zested
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Make a tart mold with an 8-inch diameter.
- To prepare the crust, combine the oats and almonds in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles sand. Combine flour and salt in a separate mixing dish. Mix in the wet ingredients until a sticky dough forms that stays together when pressed between your fingers. If necessary, 1 tablespoon rice syrup or water can be added.
- Press the dough into the tart shape, going all the way up the sides. Using a fork, prick the base many times. Preheat oven to 200°F and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside to cool fully.
- Whip the cream until firm peaks form for the filling. In a saucepan, combine lime juice, rice syrup, and agar agar. Bring to a boil for a few seconds, then remove from heat. Whisk in the yogurt and lime zest right away. In a large mixing bowl, combine the whipped cream and the powdered sugar.
- Fill the chilled crust evenly with the filling. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours, if not overnight. Allow to cool before serving.
Source: The FeedfeedDon’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive