A little tenderness in this recipe of the chef that reminds him of his childhood. To be tested absolutely as soon as the sunny days return.
If you fancy a salad that fits well, the potato salad is the one for you. Gourmet, easy and quick to prepare, you can embellish it according to your tastes. Cyril Lignac offers his version of this recipe, the same as his mother prepared for him when he was little. At the RTL microphone, he shares it with us to the delight of our stomachs! Are we getting started?
The secrets of potato salad by Cyril Lignac
The inspiration for this potato salad comes straight from the chef’s childhood. At the time, his mom prepared the same for him, with boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and many other good things. He therefore naturally considers it as a family salad. To succeed, the most important thing is to cook the potatoes with the skin and blot them well afterward. For Cyril Lignac” there is nothing better than a warm potato salad”. So we wait for them to cool, but not too much and we proceed to the cutting. In small pieces or puree, it’s as you wish. If you opt for the second option, you can crush your potatoes with a fork or masher. We then mix the chosen ingredients, a spoon of homemade or commercially purchased mayonnaise, and all that remains is to taste!
Cyril Lignac’s potato salad recipe
To make this recipe it will only take you a few minutes. Convenient for meals to which you do not have too much time to devote.
The ingredients of the recipe:
- 700 g of potatoes
- 3 cuil. tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 cuil. ketchup tablespoon
- 2 cuil. tablespoon of mustard
- 4 eggs
- 1 pack of white ham
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
- 2 small onions
- 1 box of pickles (optional)
- Roman salad or oak leaf
- Salt, pepper
The steps of the recipe:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water with the skin until they are sufficiently softened.
- Blot them on a clean dishcloth and peel them.
- You can cut them into small pieces or crush them with a fork.
- Put the eggs to boil for a few minutes until you get boiled eggs.
- Then mix them in a bowl with the cut potatoes. You can line the bottom of your bowl with roman salad or oak leaf.
- Make your mayonnaise home or put 3 tablespoons of a jar of commercial mayonnaise.
- You can add ketchup if you wish to make a cocktail sauce and add that little tangy side to the recipe. Add mustard.
- Cut the white ham into cubes and add to the salad.
- Add the cherry tomatoes cut into 4.
- Chisel the onions and also add them to the mixture.
- You can add pickles if you like it.
Chef’s tip: there are plenty of other things you can add to your potato salad according to your desires. If you are in a marine mood, you can add tuna instead of ham. Do not hesitate to put olives, or corn if the heart tells you. The main thing is to please the whole family!
Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive