- 500ml store-bought vanilla ice-cream, softened
- ¼ cup (60ml) coffee-flavoured liqueur
- ¼ cup (60ml) strong espresso coffee, cooled
- 12 sponge finger biscuits
- 500ml store-bought coffee ice-cream, softened
- Dutch cocoa, for dusting
- Freeze for 10 minutes or until cold in a 10cm x 21cm loaf tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Pour the vanilla ice cream into the pan and smooth it out evenly with a palette knife. Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- In a small dish, combine the coffee liqueur and coffee. Place half of the sponge finger biscuits on top of the vanilla ice cream after dipping them in the liqueur mixture.
- Place the coffee ice cream on top of the biscuits and spread evenly with a palette knife. Place the remaining biscuits on top of the coffee ice cream after dipping them in the coffee mixture.
- Freeze for 2–3 hours more, or until firm. To serve, carefully remove the cake from the tin and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Source: Donna Hay
Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive