This lovely vegan peppermint white chocolate dessert will delight your eyes (and taste senses!). It’s not only flavorful with spices and chocolate, but it’s also refined sugar and gluten-free, so it’s suitable for everyone!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp light molasses
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 200g dairy free white chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
- pinch of matcha powder for the colour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (360 degrees Fahrenheit). Grease a frying pan. Remove from the equation.
- Mix crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine. You should end up with a wet, easy-to-mould paste. Firmly push into the tart tin’s bottom and up the sides, crimping and shaping the edges. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. While you’re making the filling, transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool.
- In a saucepan, combine the melted white chocolate, milk, and coconut cream and cook on low.
- Add the agar-agar, matcha powder, peppermint, and maple syrup once the mixture has warmed up and the chocolate has melted. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 3-5 minutes, or until the agar has completely dissolved.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the mixture. Pour the mixture into the chilled tart shell. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
Source:Best of Vegan
Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive