For both men and women, oily skin is a nightmare. Men, too, have oily, acne-prone skin but are embarrassed to admit it. In general, society views oily skin and acne as a woman’s problem. This issue, however, affects everyone. Dealing with oily skin may be exasperating, especially if you don’t know how to properly care for it.
So, if you’ve been seeking for an oily skin remedy, you’ve arrived to the correct spot. We’ll go through several natural remedies that you may do at home to address this problem.
- ALOE VERA
Aloe Vera has long been regarded as an excellent greasy skincare remedy due to its hydrating and astringent qualities.
Aloe Vera gel aids in pore reduction, which in turn regulates the quantity of oil produced by our skin. To get the advantages of Aloe Vera gel, you may prepare a simple mask at home.
On your face, use Aloe Vera gel. Leave it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off with water. To get rid of oily, greasy skin, use this step in your regular skincare regimen.
2. OATMEAL AND HONEY
One excellent remedy for oily skin may be made using two ordinary home items. Mix ½ tbsp ground oatmeal with ½ tbsp warm water to form a paste. Then, add 1 tbsp honey to the oatmeal paste and apply it over your entire face. Allow 20 to 30 minutes for the face pack to dry before rinsing it off with plain water.
Oatmeal helps reduce the quantity of sebum generated by the skin, while honey works as a natural humectant. Both of these substances work synergistically to prevent acne while also naturally moisturizing and cleansing the face.
3. EGG MASK
Surprisingly, the most powerful natural treatments are made using substances that are readily available in most households. The egg mask is no exception. You’ll only need two items to make this mask: an egg and a cotton ball. Separate the yolk from the white of the egg and whisk it well. Use a cotton ball to apply it to your face.
Allow the mask to sit on your face for half an hour before washing it off with plain water. Excessive oil production will be controlled, collagen production will be increased, and acne will be reduced with the use of an egg mask.
4. LEMON JUICE AND BAKING SODA
This natural exfoliating paste is gentle on the skin and aids in the management of facial oil.
In a dish, combine the juice of one full lime or ½ a lemons. To produce a paste, combine it with baking soda. Make sure the paste isn’t too thick so that it can be applied easily to your face. Apply the face mask to your face and let it on for 20 minutes. Use cold water to clean it. Simply substitute the baking soda with glycerin if you have sensitive or oily skin.
Citric acid, which is abundant in lemon juice, not only reduces sebum production but also decreases the pores of your skin. Lemon’s antibacterial qualities also aid in the destruction of acne-causing germs.
5. GREEN TEA
Everyone is aware of the various health advantages of green tea. If you have any green tea bags at home, don’t throw them away right away.
Allow the used tea bags to cool before dabbing them all over your face. Allow 30 minutes for the leftover liquid to dry on the skin before washing. Green tea’s polyphenols help to reduce sebum production while also treating acne.
BASIC SKIN CARE MISTAKES TO AVOID
Oily skin is a condition that affects men of all ages. It’s simple to deal with if you know what to do and what not to do. Now that we’ve looked at some easy natural treatments, let’s look at some typical blunders to avoid.
- Excessive cleaning or exfoliation of the face should be avoided: Washing your face too frequently could dry out your skin. This will cause the sebaceous glands to generate extra oil in order to compensate for the deficiencies.
- Not using a face wash for oily skin: The skin types of combination and oily skin are vastly different. As a result, it’s recommended to utilize skincare products designed specifically to combat oily skin issues.
- Skip the moisturizer for oily skin after cleansing your face,: Just because your skin is oily doesn’t imply it’s dehydrated. It is not necessary for oily skin to be moisturized. After cleaning your face, use a light-weight water-based moisturizer for oily skin.
- Consumption of fatty and fried foods: Maintaining a balanced diet is the greatest method to control oily skin since what you put in your body will show on the exterior. Reducing sebum production can be as simple as avoiding greasy, fried foods.
- Drinking insufficient water: Last but not least, there is no substitute for staying hydrated. Controlling oil production by drinking is the simplest and most straightforward method. Your skin might get dry if you don’t drink enough water. So, if you’re someone who doesn’t drink enough water, this may be the cause.
Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive