To better manage stress, the establishment of good lifestyle habits is fundamental. But faced with an emergency situation, we sometimes need a little help in the expression. Discover how to lower the pressure quickly with these exercises to be done in 10 minutes top Chrono.
19% currently suffer from anxiety, according to the latest data published by Santé Publique France*. A higher proportion of 6 points compared to a level excluding the Covid-19 epidemic. If there is no miracle cure for stress, adopting some express tips to relax can help: go for a walk in nature, put your phone on silent, indulge in a manual activity …
But these punctual remedies cannot replace a healthy lifestyle, fundamental to cope with stress. Getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, and practicing physical activity, even gentle, are sine qua nonelements of psychic balance.
Zen&Boost: 10 minutes to fight stress
And the latter can, too, be favored by the practice of yoga. Tatiana Orlhac, the founder of the Zen&Boost method, shares a method to relax quickly. Accessible to beginners, this 10-minute routine imagined by the yoga and Pilates teacher combines breathing exercise, massage, stretching, and deep relaxation. It can be performed following a stressful situation, or at the end of the day to create a decompression airlock and, possibly, fight against sleep disorders.
Anti-stress exercise n°1: the buzzing of the bee
- Sitting in a suit.
- Cut off from hearing and sight: close your ears with your thumbs and leave the other fingers slightly above the face to stay in your inner space.
- Inhale normally
- At the time of exhalation, rather than letting the air escape, make the “m” sound last as long as possible. Let this sound diffuse into the cranial space.
- Perform 3 to 5 cycles.
- Place your hands on your thighs again and already savor the new qualities of your body.
Anti-stress exercise n°2: tempes massage
- Remain in a sitting position.
- Place index and middle finger at the temples.
- Exert gentle and progressive pressure and then circle in an counterclockwise direction.
- Perform a dozen circles and then finish with continuous pressure.
- Release hands on thighs.
- Enjoy the seat for a few minutes.
Anti-stress exercise n°3: the Lying Butterfly
- Place a bolster (a yoga bolster) or 2 cushions against the pelvis.
- Lie on this support(s).
- Place the plants of the feet against the other.
- Let the knees fall to the sides and arrive in a butterfly shape.
- Arrange the arms on the sides with the palms of the hand facing the sky.
- Observe the opening being created in the chest and shoulders, as well as the stretching being done inside the legs.
- Maintain posture for 3 minutes.
Anti-stress exercise n°4: Savasana – deep relaxation and mental reprogramming
- Lie on your back. The legs are in their axis, the arms along the body.
- Place a cushion long under the thighs to relieve the lower back.
- Let the body settle entirely on the ground. From the feet to the head, from head to toe. From the hands to the heart, from the heart to the hands.
- Repeat 3 times aloud or in his head the following sentences: “I trust myself”, “I let go”, “I am in the present moment”, “Here and now I am at peace”.
- Let these words infuse into themselves.
- Then return to his breath and continue the inner journey with it.
- Lie down for 3 minutes – or, if you can, 10 minutes.
- Wake up your body as if you have all the time for it.