While we attempt (and fail) to live in peace and harmony, it’s important to remember that the world around us is a harsh, unforgiving place.
We have tamed our lives to the point where it is simple to turn a blind eye to nature’s atrocities. Sure, we as a species are far more detrimental to our world than all other species combined, but let’s not pretend that everything is sunshine and roses out there!
This list serves as a stark reminder that we live in a frightening world. Some of these creatures, such as spiders and centipedes, are simply natural wonders that humans may not like. Some depict the elements’ raw force, while others depict the heinous acts that other species commit against one another in order to survive. All of these phenomena are awe-inspiring manifestations of nature that should be revered rather than frightened. Check them out for yourself in the gallery below, and let us know what you think in the comments!
- Wrap Around Spider, Named For Its Ability To Flatten And Wrap Its Body Around Tree Limbs
2. Spiderbro Guarding Me From Malaria Outside My Window
3. Seaweed In The Waves
4. This Frog Was Found All Dried Up And Withered Outside The Store In The Morning… The Store Manager Said, “Let’s Try Splashing Some Water On It,” And It Came Back To Life
5. The Skeleton Of A Puffer Fish Is Pretty Metal
6. Damn Nature, You Scary…
7. My Mum’s Toilet After A Recent Flood
8. The Eyes And Teeth Of A Scallop
9. Take A Seat
10. Sweet Potato Creepily Resembles Human Heart
11. Close Up Of Moth Outside My Window
12. All I Know Is That It Needs To Burn
13. The Frog That Caught A Spider
14. Articulated Cobra Skeleton
15. Black Swallower Died Trying To Eat A Fish 4 Times Its Size
16. The Statue Being Swallowed By A Tree
17. My Dad Sent Me This Photo. Water Mocassin? TennesseeMy Dad Sent Me This Photo. Water Mocassin? Tennessee
18. This Snake Covered In Ticks
19. 5-Legged Frog That Lives In The Marsh Behind Our Neighborhood
20. A Jungle Perch With A Surprise
Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive