Cockroaches in the kitchen? It’s probably the most disgusting thing there is. And it is that these insects often do not usually mean that there is little hygiene, because naturally, these appear out of nowhere.
More than one is repulsive by cockroaches, others are terrified. Although any corner of the house is usually perfect for your walk, they prefer the kitchen because of the issue of food waste.
There are about 4,600 different species of this animal around the world, each and everyone perfectly adapted to its environment.
Particularly in cities, its presence is of concern because it can be the means of transmission of some diseases caused by viruses and bacteria, as well as allergic reactions in some people.
More despite this, cockroaches play an important role in the ecosystem and their indiscriminate extermination should not be done. That is why even if they may be repulsive or cause you dread, you should be aware of this.
However, it is not very hygienic to have them in the spaces of the house and much less in the kitchen. So below we will show you how to keep cockroaches away from the kitchen.
Say goodbye to the cockroaches in the corners of the house and especially in the kitchen
© Provided Why! Say goodbye to the cockroaches in the corners of the house and especially in the kitchen
Cockroaches are usually hidden in dark, damp, and small places, where they can be difficult for people to access. These can be found in different parts of your home, such as:
- ntre the furniture of the hall, booksellers, shelves,under the tables, inside vases and pots.
- In kitchen cabinets and pantries, under or behind some appliances such as the stove, microwave, refrigerator, or inside the toaster.
- The bathroom area can be obtained behind the toilet,in the shower, under the sink,towel trees even inside the trash cans.
- In the rooms,particularly inside shoes,closets, between clothes,under the bed.
- Inside pipes, sewers, drains,gas outlets, electric boxes, heating or air conditioning ducts, the basement, parking and particularly inside openings or cracks. The street is your main access road to your home.
While it is true that cockroaches are especially resistant insects, which have been adapting to different environments for millions of years.
That is why if your home is invaded by these small animals, you should know that it will not be an easy task to get rid of them. But it is also not an impossible task to achieve and that is why today we will present you with some ways to get rid of this pest without resorting to toxic pesticides.
© Provided Why! Notes
Ways to achieve this include the following:
- Mix water, sugar and baking soda,this cockroach repellent you can prepare it in seconds and is not toxic. You only have to integrate these three elements in equal parts and place this mixture in the areas where the bugs can hide, which will die when eating this paste.
- Crush an onion very well and mix with boric acid to create a simple mataplagas. You should only place this mixture in the areas where the cockroaches can hide and that’s it.
- Another option are the adhesive traps that although they are not very effective at the time of ending thepest, you can use them to determine if the cockroaches have been eliminated with any of the previous techniques.
- For this you will only have to leave them in the places that you think cockroaches can pass, and if you catch any after a while it means that there is still work to be done, but otherwise you will know that you have freed yourself from this plague. The most advisable thing is that you can acquire some of those adhesive traps that are attractive,in this way you can have full certainty if you have freed yourself from them.
Extra tips for keeping cockroaches away from the kitchen
© Provided Why! Extra tips for keeping cockroaches away from the kitchen
The work does not end with just taking them out of your house, now you must keep them away from it and for this, you will need to follow some of these tips.
- Perform continuous and deep cleanings in your house, in this way you will keep it clean of any type of waste or garbage that can attract them. You can use ammonia on a weekly basis to clean.
- Take out the trash daily and don’t let it accumulate. Avoid leaving food scraps in the kitchen or wrappings lying around the rooms. Use trash cans and be sure to dump the waste in a container outside the home that can close well.
- With a sealant, such as dry and putty,you can plug all cracks and openings in which cockroaches can hide, especially in those areas where there is moisture and pipes, such as drains or sewers.
- Finally, get rid of any moisture that exists in your house, this is one of the main attractants of these animals. For this take it to clean well the areas of the bathroom, kitchen and the laundry room. Repair any leaks that may exist, either on your own or with the help of a professional.
Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive