Aloe vera, vinegar, chamomile, and citrus fruits can help improve the oily condition of the skin.
Oily skin is very common and is not exclusive to teenagers. Having oily skin does not mean having acne, but it does have a greater propensity to experience the appearance of pimples and breakouts.
This condition is due to the excessive production of natural sebum by the glands that fulfill this function. Usually, this type of skin is caused by hormonal alterations or by a hereditary factor.
According to MedlinePlus, genes and hormones play a key role in determining whether or not a person has oily skin. Additionally, it is possible that food also has some relationship, so the recommendation is always to consume a healthy and balanced diet.
The most important thing is to try to keep it clean and use water-based or oil-free cosmetics in case you have oily skin. Precisely, makeup is emerging as a valid option to reduce the brightness of this type of skin; however, it is advisable to find some treatment that helps correct the production of sebum for longer.
Seeking clean oily skin is important to prevent more residues from accumulating in the pores and acne and other types of imperfections appear that often cause discomfort and even lower self-esteem.
Home remedies can be a good option to work on in the pursuit of achieving this goal.
1. Egg and lemon: One of them is to make an astringent based on egg and lemon. After cleansing the face, a layer of two beaten eggs is applied with the juice of half a lemon. It is left to stand for 10 minutes and then rinsed with warm water, never hot, because the heat stimulates the production of fat.
2. Hydration. Just because the skin is oily doesn’t mean it doesn’t need hydration. Aloe vera is an excellent home remedy for oily skin that acts as a natural moisturizer, regenerates the skin, and helps keep pores free of sebum. Just apply the crystal of a piece of aloe vera on the face, let it sit until it is fully absorbed, and then rinse with warm water.
3. Vinegar. Vinegar is a good astringent for the skin, as it helps to stop the production of sebum and hide the shine. In a cup of vinegar, two tablespoons of sunflower oil and a cup of water are added, stirred, and used this mixture to cleanse the face twice a day.
4. Clay and strawberries: Another of the home remedies is made with clay, water, and crushed strawberries, which mixing them gives good results in cleaning oily skin. The clay cuts the fat and in the company of the strawberries offers an astringent effect that leaves the skin fresh and free of shine. It is applied to the clean face and left to act for 20 minutes, then removed with plenty of cold water.
5. Chamomile Infusion: Preparing a chamomile infusion, storing it in the fridge, and applying it with a cotton swab gently all over the face helps to remove the shine from the face. The remedy can be applied every night before going to sleep. Chamomile has dermo purifying properties, antimicrobial to combat acne, and, in addition, is anti-inflammatory.
6. Tonic with rose water: This water has astringent properties. It can be used after you have washed your face to finish the care routine. It can be kept in the fridge to apply it cooler. It is applied with cotton all over the face, especially on the oily parts.
7. Citrus fruit masks: Fried foods such as apple, orange, and lemon are ideal for treating excess bait on the skin, in addition to nourishing and moisturizing it. It can be applied two or three times a week and if the person wants to thicken it, a little oatmeal can be added in flakes or powder.
8. Ice cubes: Before putting on makeup you can apply ice cubes on the face to remove the shine. The ice can be passed for at least ten minutes, without removing the cold water left on the face. Another option is to make aloe vera ice cubes and make this home remedy for oily skin doubly successful.
Although these remedies are homemade, it is important that people keep in mind that any irritation or discomfort with their application should be consulted with the specialists and their use should be discontinued.