Seemingly Harmless Things But Using All The Time Could Kill You

Too much of anything, from caffeine to the cleaner you use in the toilet, may be harmful.

1, Six liters of water
Water controls the form of our cells; too much of it causes them to inflate out like balloons. They will shrink if you give them too little.

Water intoxication, also known as hyponatremia, is caused by an excess of water in and around our cells. It can be caused by drinking too much water, which athletes may do unintentionally when training. According to a 2005 study of Boston Marathon participants from 2002, roughly one-sixth of the runners had a moderate form of the disease, with symptoms ranging from nausea to vomiting.

Extreme water intoxication, on the other hand, takes its toll on the brain, where our densely packed neurons have limited space to accommodate the additional water. Headaches, disorientation, seizures, and, in rare circumstances, death can occur from untreated neurological disorders.

Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old Californian, drank six liters of water in less than three hours as part of a radio station challenge in 2007. She passed away just a few hours later.

2. 85 chocolate bars
Chocolate contains enough of the poisonous chemical theobromine to kill a tiny animal (which is why it is not suitable for feeding to pets).

The same chemical may kill humans, but since we metabolize it so much better than cats and dogs, we’d have to consume considerably more of it to have any major health consequences.

A potentially lethal dosage of theobromine in adults would be around 1,000 milligrams per kilogram, or roughly 85 full-size chocolate bars. It’s just a sixth of that amount for cats, so even a few little bits of sweets might be harmful.

3. 22 apples
Apples are tasty and don’t have much of a chance of killing you. However, its seeds contain tiny quantities of a sugar-cyanide complex that, when digested in the body, converts to the potentially deadly toxin hydrogen cyanide.

Apple seeds contain around 700 milligrams of hydrogen cyanide per kilogram of dry weight, and 1.5 milligrams of cyanide per kilogram of body weight is enough to kill. To put yourself at risk, you’d have to chew and swallow roughly a half-cup of apple seeds in one session, or about 19-24 entire apples.

Confusion, dizziness, headache, and vomiting are all symptoms of moderate cyanide poisoning. Larger dosages can cause respiratory difficulties, renal failure, and, in rare circumstances, death if left untreated.

If you’re going to eat a lot of apples in the future (and you’re worried about poisoning), swallow the seeds intact. This manner, they’re more likely to pass through your digestive system without damage.

4. 120 cups of coffee
Coffee is wonderful for helping you feel more awake and increasing your attention span, and it’s totally safe in little doses.

Caffeine, however, can induce sleeplessness, dizziness, vomiting, migraines, and heart issues at large doses, and too much in one sitting can be fatal.

Pure powdered caffeine has the highest risk of overdosing. It just takes a spoonful of this substance — roughly 120 cups of coffee — to kill someone. Two young guys died in separate events in the summer of 2014 after drinking mixes of pure powdered caffeine and water.

5. Using Windex and bleach to clean at the same time
If you ever believe you’ll need bleach for a severe cleaning task, make sure you don’t combine it with anything else. The combination has the potential to generate hazardous, poisonous gases. It’s easy to inhale too much in small, tight spaces (like the restroom).

It’s a big no-no to mix bleach with ammonia (an component present in some brands of Windex and other glass cleaners). This combination produces chloramine vapor, a poisonous gas that may burn your lungs, and hydrazine, a hazardous liquid that can explode, if there is enough of it.

Also, never clean with pure bleach. Use the CDC’s helpful guide to figure out the proper amount of water and bleach for the job.

6. 48 teaspoons of salt
You may overdo it with water, and you can overdo it with salt’s antidote.

Our cells are kept happy by a precise balance of water and salt (or sodium) in and around them. The cells inflate up when there is too little sodium (too much water). They shrink when there is too much sodium (not enough water), on the other hand.

Hypernatremia is the medical term for this illness. Its lesser symptoms include weariness and weakness, but if the illness develops, seizures, a coma, and, in rare circumstances, death can occur.

Don't miss interesting posts on Onnewslive

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *