Have you spilled red wine on your carpet or on your pretty tablecloth? Don’t worry, here are some techniques for effective cleaning.
After the end of the year holidays (Christmas, New Year…), you have surely stained your favorite tablecloth with red wine. Don’t panic, here are our solutions to clean a wine stain.
Clean a red wine stain on a tablecloth
The techniques for cleaning a wine stain on laundry vary depending on the fabric.
- On a synthetic cloth:dab the stain with a cloth soaked in water and dishwashing liquid, then wash the fabric in the machine.
- On cotton, linen and jeans:rinse the stain immediately with clear water, then rub with Marseille soap and run in a machine at 40 ° C.
- On silk:Quickly wipe the fabric with a sponge soaked in cold water.
- On satin:rub the stain with a cloth soaked in sparkling water. Then dab it with rubbing alcohol, then rinse.
Cleaning a wine stain on wood
Here, the techniques for cleaning a wine stain vary depending on the wood.
- On white wood:Wipe the stain immediately with a sponge, then rub the affected area with a cloth soaked in diluted bleach, then lightly rub with sandpaper to remove the last residue.
- On painted wood:rub the stain with a moistened cloth, then asticate with a cloth soaked in diluted bleach. Rinse.
- On waxed wood:rub the stain with a cork, then clean with a cloth soaked in a mixture of powdered pumice and linseed oil.
Clean a wine stain on suede
To remove a trace of the wine on suede, it is necessary to act quickly. Indeed, suede is a rather fragile material. Place a paper towel on the wine to get rid of the surplus. Then rub on the stain with a cloth soaked in sparkling water. Then, start again, this time using a cloth soaked in white vinegar.Don’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive