How to clean the filter of the washing machine and where is it located? Here is a fastoche way to do it without requiring the intervention of a professional.
Like that of the dishwasher, the filter of the washing machine must be cleaned regularly. It recovers foreign bodies from clothes (buttons, soft toys…) and prevents them from going into the drain pipe. So if it is not maintained, it can become clogged easily. The washing machine itself must also be maintained to avoid bad odors and work properly. This even saves energy! You may not imagine it but there are about fifteen things that are often forgotten but should be cleaned more often to have a clean kitchen. Let’s look at the filter of the washing machine. With our super easy tip, you will not need to call a professional!
Where is the filter of the washing machine?
Depending on the model, the washing machine filter can be hidden behind a small door on the bottom of the front of the machine. To take it, open the cover and pull the filter counterclockwise by unscrewing.
How to wash the filter washing machine?
To clean the filter of the washing machine, nothing complicated. Bring a damp cloth and a basin. Here we go!
- Start by unplugging the machine to avoid any risk of electrocution.
- Drain the remaining water into the drum into a basin.
- Continue to drain the remaining water into the washing machine by slightly unscrewing (without removing) the filter as explained above. You may need to tilt the machine to bring in the water.
- Rest the washing machine and remove the filter completely.
- Empty the contents of the filter in the trash can, unless you want to keep the buttons for reuse. Also empty objects in the filter duct on the washing machine.
- Rinse the filter with hot water and rub to remove the grime.
- Wipe the duct that houses the filter with a damp cloth and replace the filter. Close the cache.
Once the filter is cleaned, do not stop on this momentum! Finish washing the whole machine with our tips and using white vinegar (also called household).
To prevent your filter from becoming clogged, remember to empty the pockets of your clothes and do not comment on these mistakes anymore. It is also useless to wash some clothes as much as you do so keep the uses away.
Why clean the washing machine filter?
It is imperative to wash the filter of the washing machine every 6 months otherwise the machine may be subject to malfunctions. You will find that the filter needs to be cleaned if the washing machine struggles to do a complete drain (i.e. if there is water left in the drum once the cycle is complete) if the washing cycle ends prematurely, and if the drain pump makes an unusual noise during the cycle. For this last problem, the filter is not necessarily the cause. Discover our tips to reduce the noise of your washing machine.Don’t miss interesting posts on Onnewslive