According to Lynne Goldberg, Director of the Boston Medical Center Hair Clinic, washing your hair too regularly might do more damage than good. Your sebaceous glands create extra fat as a result of constant washing. As a result, you find yourself trapped in a vicious loop.
We were intrigued by this topic and compiled a list of suggestions to help you wash your hair less frequently while still looking fabulous!
- Use dry shampoos: Divide your hair into strands and apply dry shampoo to the roots like hairspray from a distance of 8-10 inches to hide greasy shine. Apply talcum powder shampoo to the roots if the shampoo is in that type. Wait 10 minutes before combing your hair. Dry shampoo forms a protective layer over oily strands, making your hair appear clean for a short period.
2. Put your hair into braids: Braids of any kind are effective in hiding oily hair roots. The better the weave, the thicker it is. To hide the more apparent area of the unclean hair, we recommend doing a small backcomb near the crown. Ensure that the braid does not come out smooth. The staleness can be hidden with a tiny quantity of sticking-out hair.
3. Wash your brushes: Remember to clean your style tools on a regular basis to avoid surface skin fat, conditioner, and styling chemicals bonding your hair together. Brushes and combs should be cleaned in warm water with soap or shampoo once a week.
4. Comb your hair before bedtime: Before going to bed, comb your hair. Pull your hair back and place it around the upper edge of the pillow once you’ve settled on your pillow. Make a fast ponytail or a loose braid if the length allows.
5. Pay attention to water temperature: Use warm or tepid water to wash your hair. The quantity of fat released by the skin rises when it is exposed to hot water. It’s preferable to let your hair air dry after you’ve washed it.
6. Watch your menu: Remove any greasy or fried foods from your diet to guarantee that your hair stays clean for longer. Sugar, white bread, and canned meals are all guilty of this. Fruits and vegetables, dairy, lean meats, and nuts can be substituted for these items. This will assist to decrease the activity of the sebaceous glands.
7. Use accessories: A headscarf might give intriguing hairstyling choices if you have a fringe. All you have to do now is wash your fringe, pin it up, and hide it somewhere. With gathered or loose hair, headscarves look great. They can also be a lifesaver for those with short hairstyles. Various hair clips or flower-adorned headbands can be used to disguise greasy hair.